Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Great North - Finishing Touches



Hayden came round to re-track an acoustic guitar on one song where he'd knocked the guitar with his pick a few times, its funny the things you hear when you start mixing something.

I wrote a few weeks back about how I'd recorded my amp making noise to put on one of the songs, well it wasn't quite perfect. This evening I tried adding the sound of Oratia at night.


I stuck my Studio Projects C4's out the window, dropped them down a bit so they didn't pick up my various hard drives whiring round and sat tightly for about 6 or 7 minutes. I decided that maybe making a tea would be too much noise, even from the other room. Cars sounded incredible when they passed! Fortunately after the first couple passed I had a good 7 minutes worth uninterrupted.

I was planning on replacing the amp noise but the pair of them together are sounding quite nice, I might try recording some rain if it rains later. A few months ago I had recorded some rain but I can't remember where I put it now, annoying because this is exactly the circumstance I had thought about when I recorded it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails