Friday, April 16, 2010
We recorded lots of Tom today, with so many layers I didn't want the satisfyingly warm and full sound that the MD421 was giving so I opted for a good old beta58a instead to give me more attack and punch and then the Kiwi as a room mic.
Chelsea also "dropped some phat casio tone beats" and played some drone-y keys on Under. Plus various other vocal experiments, I played some jingle bells too.
We're recording in an almost modular way, everything is very flexible. We're tracking parts and then cutting them up, making loops, moving the songs around to be what they need. Its a really interesting process to see a song evolve and fun too.
I want to finish this asap so you can hear it all. (so I can listen to it on the train)