Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Studio Upgrades!



Over the past month I've been making some purchases to upgrade the studio and I thought I'd post a little about what I bought and my current setup.

I recently bought a new apple 27" iMac and upgraded to Protools 10, unfortunately I just missed 11 by a couple of weeks but I think 10 will last me a while yet and I'm happy to not have to upgrade all of the plugins.

As you can see in the picture above I've also moved all of my preamps in to a rack (except for the 1073DMP) (DMP standing for Desktop Mic Pre, designed specifically to sit on a desk top!) and added a Focusrite ISA428 and an API 500-6B Lunchbox with 2x API 512c mic preamps in it.

The Focusrite is taking over conversion duties with its A-D card and I have the four channels of the ISA428, the two API and the two Toft channels being converted and going in to the ADAT in on the 003.

Along with the 003's 4 mic pre's I have the BAE 1073DMP and 3 channels of the Presonus Digimax plugged in to the line in's on the 003.

That gives me 16 channels! 12 of which I can plug straight in to from my new Whirlwind 12 channel drop snake.



I think that brings you up to speed! I'm really excited to get stuck in to some proper recording with the new setup, the pre's I've added should really step up the quality of the source recordings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails